MONUMENT COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIP - PRESS RELEASE
Contact: Kathy Renfrow (925) 676-8403 Kathy_renfrow_99@yahoo.com
Organized by the Four Corners Neighborhood Action Team.
Join us for our 2nd
Annual Monument Community Pride Celebration on Saturday,
Monument Blvd. is our neighborhood where we live, work & raise families. We have wonderful businesses & community organizations that have so much to be proud of in the way they touch peoples lives. We want to be known for the vibrant colors & richness that this area is made up of, and showcase who we are so that we can be a proud community that leads to downtown Concord.
We also want to attract individuals from outside the community to see the Monument through the lens of hope & opportunity, rather than its challenges.
In addition to various family friendly activities for children & families, including local talent through music, dance and arts we want to showcase the multi-cultural diversity of the area. We will showcase the one of a kind businesses that are located here. To change the perception of being hopeless to the possibility of reinvestment & redevelopment. To develop local resident & business leadership in the process of rebuilding community pride.
Location: 1500 Monument Plaza In the Parking Lot
Time: 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
1) MCP Resource Network - Lead Partners are Children & Family Service,
Welcome Home Baby, La Clinica, John Muir Health, STAND, Contra Costa
Health Department, Catholic Charities, Resource for Community Development,
New Connections, Mt. Diablo Adult Education, Community & Recreation
Services, Concord Youth Center, Family & Learning Resources Center, Mt.
Diablo Unified School District, TEAMS, Monument Futures
2) MCP Fundraising & Info T-shirts & raffle tickets
3) Community & Recreation Services City of Concord
4) MCP First 5 Family & Learning Resources Center
5) Concord Youth Center
6) Joses Auto Service
7) Fair Oaks Church Game Booth
8) Mark DeSaulnier Office, Red Cross, LULAC, CERT Emergency & Disaster Preparedness
9) MCP Safe Community Police Safety Materials, Neighborhood Preservation Safety Materials, Car Safety/Driving Wellness, Immigration materials, Health Department Hand outs in English & Spanish, Neighborhood Watch Materials
10) Meadow Homes & Oak Grove Action Teams (10 game booths)
11) Senior Action Team Art Project, Vial of Live, Book Give-away,
12) Independent Living Resource
13) Monument Futures/Concord Community Economic Development Organization
14) Martin Portrait drawings
15) Liga Latina
16) American Medical Response Education ambulance
Food Booth: MCP Water, soda, juices and coupons to the local restaurants in the plaza.
1) Opening Ceremony Gary McHenry President of MCP Board of Directors
2) National Anthem Neyshia Go Winner of East County Idol
3) Dance Group Azetec Dancers
4) Music Grupo Manantial
5) Dance Group Folklorico de Cambridge
City of Concord Community and Recreation Services
San Francisco Foundation
Monument Community Partnership
Joses Auto Service
Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
Concord Police Department Southern District
Fair Oaks Church
Zulemas Bar & Grill Restaurant
Tortilleria El Molino
La Costena Produce Market